Scholarships for Farmer Trainings
Accepting applications now!
A limited number of $150 scholarship are available to beginning and established farmers and farm-workers in Tillamook County to offset the cost of attending trainings related to the agricultural production of vegetables, fruit, flowers, herbs, ornamentals, mushrooms and other horticultural crops. “Trainings” can be workshops, classes, conferences etc held locally or elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest. This opportunity made possible by USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant funding for Food Roots’ North Coast Grown project.
To qualify for the scholarship:
1) The training opportunity must be related to horticultural crop production or marketing.
2) Your farming activities take place in the Tillamook County area.
3) Your NET income (individual, not household) must be less than $50,000 per year.
1) Fill out the short online application form (click here).
2) Notify us that you have filled out an application by contacting Emily Vollmer at email@example.com or 503-815-2800.