Participating in a community garden is a great way to grow nutritious food for yourself and your family, get some exercise, and meet people in your neighborhood. If you are interested in a community garden plot, please:
- Fill out our Garden Plot Request Form
- We will confirm your interest via email or phone. Garden plots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Read and agree to our Community Gardens Policies & Procedures
- By submitting an application, you are agreeing to abide by our garden policies and procedures.
- Once you’ve been assigned a garden plot, attend a garden work party or gathering. New gardeners are encouraged to attend one of these events, facilitated by Food Roots. Our staff will notify you of any upcoming garden work gathering. Gardeners will have the opportunity to meet fellow community gardeners, garden managers, and Food Roots staff/service members. This is also a great time to share resources, ask questions, and create a sense of community within the garden.
- When you begin using your plot and gardening at our community garden, please utilize the gardener log located within the greenhouse at your garden site. This allows us to track garden hours and food/plants grown. We can then let our funders know how beneficial it is to continue supporting Food Roots.